Expression of Interest (EOI) is introduced on 1 July 2012.
Once you submit your completed EOI, you will receive a confirmation notification from SkillSelect. Your EOI will then remain in SkillSelect for a maximum of two years. There are two subclass that uses EOI in SkillSelect to invite you to apply for permanent resident.
Skilled-Independent visa for Australia (Subclass 189)
The Australian Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189) is a permanent work visa that is for individuals who have the qualification and skill required to fill Australia’s skill shortages.
The following are the Basic requirements to qualify for a Skilled Independent Visa
There are basic requirements you must meet to apply for this visa. You must:
- Be invited to apply after EOI
- Be younger than 50 years of age when you are invited to apply
- Nominate an occupation that matches your skills and qualifications and is on the relevant skilled occupation list
- Have your skills assessed
- Have at least competent English
- Score at least 60 on the points test
- Meet the health and character requirements.
Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
The Australian Skilled Nominated Visa is for skilled workers who are nominated by a state or territory. A person in possession of this visa can live and work permanently anywhere in Australia.
The basic requirements are the same as above, the only different is:
- Nomination by state or territory government or sponsorship by an eligible family member, to reside and work in a specified/designated area (visa subclass 489 only)
- You can gain different points.
Wish to know more what points you are having?