Federal Skilled Worker Canada

Skilled Workers Migration in Canada

Federal Skilled Workers in Canada are picked as permanent residents on the merit of their education, their work experience, their knowledge and fluency in English and/or French and a couple of other criteria that proves that they would be able to become economically established in Canada.

Federal Skilled Worker Canada


Federal Skilled Worker Requirements:

If you are able to meet the minimum requirements, your application would be assessed based on the selection factors in the federal skilled worker points grid.

The selection factors are written below.

  • your skills in English and/or French (Canada’s two official languages),
  • your education,
  • your work experience,
  • your age,
  • whether you have a valid job offer, and
  • your adaptability (how well you are likely to settle here).


In detail, to qualify for a Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Visa, you must:

  • Have worked for a year or more of continuous or equivalent paid work in the last 10 years in one of the
  • Qualify for Arranged Employment with a Labor Market Opinion and a full-time, permanent job offer from a Canadian employer; or
  • Have completed a PhD in Canada, or have completed two years of study in Canada towards a PhD, in both cases at a recognized institution; and
  • Pass a minimum threshold of language ability for one of Canada’s two official languages (English/French)


Proof of funds

You should be able to prove that you are in possession of enough money to cater for yourself and your family after you arrive in Canada unless you:

  • are currently able to legally work in Canada, and
  • have a valid job offer from an employer in Canada.


Principal applicant

If you are currently married to or you reside with a common-law foreign national partner in Canada and the person meets the above criteria, you can decide which one of you would apply under Express Entry as the principal applicant. A common-law partner can be said to be a person who has lived with you in a conjugal relationship for a year or more. this law holds for both opposite-sex and same-sex couples.


Other requirements

  1. You must be admissible to Canada.
  2. You must plan to live outside the province of Quebec.

If you have skilled work experience and want to live in Canada permanently, contact us today to see if you are eligible for the Express Entry pool.

Federal Skilled Workers are chosen as permanent residents based on their capability to settle down in Canada and be an active participant in our economy. The rules for applying for the FSW Visa can change from time to time without notice.